BHS Band Booster Elections
An important time is coming up for the Brandon High School band Booster organization. Each year at this time we will take nominations for BHS band Booster Board positions. Just like any other organization, an active Executive Board is vital for success. If you are interested in serving, please take the time to nominate yourself for a position. Thank you for considering serving on the board!
Here is a list of the positions and a brief description of the duties:
The duties of the President shall include:
* To preside over all meetings of the Band Boosters;
* To preside over all meetings of the Executive Board;
* To appoint the chairpersons of the special committees (uniform, pit crew, Band Contest, etc)
*To communicate regularly with students and parents
The duties of the Vice-President shall include:
* To assume the duties of the President in the President's absence;
* To serve as volunteer coordinator;
* To serve as parliamentarian;
* To serve as fundraiser chairperson, responsible for fundraiser initiation and oversight.
The duties of the Secretary shall include:
* To record and maintain the minutes of all meetings of the Band Boosters and
all executive board meetings;
* To maintain accurate copies of Band Boosters correspondence;
* To handle all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
* To take attendance at all meetings;
The duties of the Treasurer shall include:
* To handle all funds and financial transactions of the Band Boosters;
* To maintain accurate records of all funds and financial transactions;
* To present a financial report monthly to the membership;
* To ensure that all required documents are completed by the appropriate date in
conjunction with the end of the Fiscal Year.
Uniform Committee—Marching Uniforms, Concert Uniforms, Colorguard Uniforms
Field Maintenance Committee:
Special Events Coordinator (concerts, competitions, banquet):
Post-Game Fundraiser Coordinator:
Band Camp Coordinator:
Nominations are due to brandoneagles by May 11, to be included on the ballot. All others will have to be written in. Elections will be held on May 12, 2017 during the Awards Banquet.